Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Transition Time...We're Hiring a Garden Manager



I love SAGE.  I love its beauty (sometimes orderly, more often times a bit wild).  The people who volunteer at SAGE help fill me with laughter, appreciation and motivation to keep doing the work I do.  Then there's all the gorgeous organically-grown produce...yum....I do love my veggies.  I could go on and on and on about all the things I love about SAGE, the folks I work with and my job overall.....

As some of you have noticed though, we're currently hiring a new garden manager.  Yep, that's right, that's my current job.  The one I was just describing above as something I "love" and have had the privilege of doing for three seasons now.

Fall clean up my first season
I've been given a great offer to go to graduate school and I'd be silly to pass up the opportunity.  I'll still be in Corvallis and still working a bit for the CEC, just not as the garden manager anymore.   Right now we're searching for someone to take over in September who has both garden/farm production experience along with experience teaching and working with volunteers.  If you, or someone you know, has this experience and is interested in applying, please visit HERE for the position description and application.    

Many of you have already noticed the job posting and have shared kind words with me and asked questions.  Thank you so much, it really means a lot.  It's transition time for me though so I'm not going to dwell too much, I'm just going to keep lovin' what I'm doing while I have the opportunity to be doing it.

Hope to see you all around SAGE soon!

Cheers,
Deanna Lloyd
SAGE Garden Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment